- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Germany Reveal Mesut Ozil Knee Injury Concern
The international break has only just began but it appears Arsenal are already holding their breath praying one of their stars hasn’t picked up a serious injury.
Germany’s assistant manager Thomas Schneider worried Arsenal fans earlier today after revealing at a press conference that Gunners star Mesut Ozil has a slight knee problem.
Thankfully, the injury is only believed to be a minor one and Mesut is expected to be passed fit to take part in Germany’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Poland on Friday night.
The tweet below translates to:
“Mesut has a slight irritation of the patellar tendon. We’re confident he should be ready for the game.”
Being Arsenal fans, it’s understandable if we’re a little anxious any time one of our players pick up any form of injury. A ‘minor’ knock usually turns into three months on the sidelines!
For that reason, I hope Germany don’t take any chances with Ozil. In fact, I hope he gets rested completely over the entire international break.
But that doesn’t seem likely at the stage, so let’s hope if Mesut does play on Friday he comes through the Poland game unscathed and doesn’t irritate this patella injury any further.
The last thing we need is one of our key men being ruled out after Wenger failed to bring in any new additions on deadline day…
— Die Mannschaft (@DFB_Team) September 1, 2015