- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Brazilian Striker Sparks Arsenal Move Rumours With Suspicious Twitter Activity
Alexandre Pato has sparked rumours he could be heading for Arsenal before the window shuts after following the club on Twitter this afternoon.
Arsene Wenger is believed to be desperately trying to bring in another striker before Tuesday evening’s deadline after proposed deals for the likes of Karim Benzema and Edinson Cavani went cold.
Several names have been touted around but the latest is former AC Milan hitman Pato with Italian journalist Emanuele Giulianelli claiming earlier today that the Brazilian international was on Wenger’s short-list of targets.
Pato then fuelled the transfer rumours even further after randomly starting to follow Arsenal’s official twitter handle – check it out for yourself here.
These days, a player’s Twitter activity is taken as a sure sign of a potential move so it came as no surprise to see several newspapers pick up this story and start linking the 25-year-old with a move to the Emirates.
Obviously there could be nothing in it, but it is a little strange why the Brazilian ace would just start to follow Arsenal – particularly around deadline day when rumours are rife.
He does seem to have gone on a bit of a following spree as he’s also followed the likes of pop star Madonna and Spanish newspaper Marca, but he’s followed no other football clubs recently so why Arsenal?
Who knows what this means but hopefully we’re in for an exiting deadline day otherwise I think any talk of a title push can be forgotten for another season. A striker is the minimum we should expect to arrive on Tuesday….