- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal to launch last ditch move for £35m-rated hitman
According to the Daily Star, Arsenal will launch a last ditch attempt to sign Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani before the transfer window closes.
Arsene Wenger has been strongly tipped to sign another forward all summer and Karim Benzema has been touted as our prime target by many of the worlds media.
But with Real Madrid seemingly refusing to sell the Frenchman, it looks like the boss is eyeing alternative targets and we could now turn our attention across the channel.
Edinson Cavani is another player who’s been linked with a move to the Emirates this summer and the Daily Star claim that Arsenal will make one last move to prise the 28-year-old away from PSG before Tuesday’s 6pm deadline.
The Telegraph reported earlier this month that Arsene was considering a swoop for the Uruguayan international and suggested that PSG could sell for around £35m, and it appears the boss could now test their resolve over the coming hours.
Cavani only joined PSG two years ago from Napoli but there has been constant speculation suggesting he may leave as he’s supposedly unhappy at being forced to play out wide.
Despite being played out of position, he still scored 31 goals last season and no doubt he’s an upgrade on Olivier Giroud so I’d love to see this deal happen.
£35m for Cavani would represent an excellent deal in today’s market but I think we may find it difficult persuading PSG to sell at this late stage in the window. He’s just scored against Monaco and is central to their plans, but we’ll have to see how things develop.
Fingers crossed Wenger can get a deal over the line as we desperately need another option up front….