- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal open talks with agent over deal for Ukrainian attacker
According to the Express, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has made contact with the agent of Andriy Yarmolenko to discuss a potential move to the Emirates this summer.
Yarmolenko has been strongly linked with a move away from Dynamo Kiev for some time and he’s expected to finally find a new club before the transfer window slams shut this summer.
A number of top clubs – including Barcelona – have been credited with an interest in the 25-year-old but the Express claim that Arsenal have now joined the race for his signature.
The newspaper suggests that Arsene Wenger has already stepped up his interest by opening talks with the players agent to discuss a potential switch to the Emirates Stadium.
Yarmolenko supposedly had his eye on a move to the Nou Camp but the Express say the Catalans have now cooled their interest which should have paved the way for Arsenal to secure a deal.
However, fresh reports coming out of Germany claim that Borussia Dortmund are now closing in on a cut price £8.7m deal to sign Yarmolenko so it appears we may end up missing out after-all.
I’m actually a big fan of the Ukrainian international’s but he’s more of a winger and not the out-and-out striker we need, so I’m personally not going to lose any sleep over it if he does end up heading for Germany.
He’d have been a useful player to have in the squad and he has scored 111 goals in 310 games for Kiev but we need a Benzema or a Cavani to complete our team, not another wide man, so I’m hoping Arsene will concentrate his efforts on signing a striker over the next 48 hours.