- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal offered chance to sign Argentinean Attacker – Reports
According to the Express, Arsenal have been offered the chance to sign Ezequiel Lavezzi as PSG look to offload the Argentinean attacker following the arrival of Angel Di Maria.
The French giants spent around £44m on Manchester United flop Di Maria earlier this month and they are now over-loaded with attacking talent.
With Di Maria set to join Edinson Cavani, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lucas Moura in Laurent Blanc’s attack, Lavezzi has fallen further down the pecking order and it looks like PSG are now ready to cash-in.
The Express claim that the Ligue 1 champions have made contact with three Premier League clubs, including Arsenal, to offer us the chance to sign Lavezzi before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
The newspaper doesn’t give any indication as to how much PSG want for the 30-year-old but I imagine it will be in the region of £10m-£15m.
That isn’t a lot of money in today’s over-inflated market and Lavezzi does have a lot of pedigree, but I’d be surprised if Arsene Wenger took up the opportunity to bring him to the Emirates.
We have enough options out wide and if we are going to bring in another attacker, I expect it will be an out-and-out striker, so Lavezzi doesn’t really fit the bill.
Anyway, the Express seem to think he’ll head back to Italy after spending a successful five years at Napoli – although they don’t state which club is likely to be his new destination.