- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Arsenal Linked With Double Swoop For Striker & Midfielder
The Telegraph are carrying a report claiming Arsenal are eyeing moves for Borussia Dortmund forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and midfielder Adrien Rabiot before the window closes.
The boss has been hotly tipped to sign another forward this summer and the name on everybody’s lips in recent weeks has been Real Madrid hitman Karim Benzema.
However, the Telegraph report claims that while Arsene has still not given up hope of signing the Frenchman, he’s lining-up a move for Aubameyang just in case things don’t work out.
The Gabon forward has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and there were even reports last month suggesting we were in talks with Borussia Dortmund over a potential £30m deal.
Any talk of a move appeared to be over after the 26-year-old signed a new deal two weeks ago but the newspaper suggests that Aubameyang was only handed a new contract to ensure Dortmund would be able to negotiate a better price when Arsenal came calling.
So it appears the boss is ready to turn his attention to the versatile attacker if we fail to land Benzema, but with little over two weeks left until the window closes, we need to hurry up and start trying to close out a deal.
It appears Wenger is also looking to bring in another midfielder before the end of the month as the Telegraph also claim we’re lining-up a move for PSG’s Adrien Rabiot.
The 20-year-old has been linked with a move to Arsenal for over a year and he’s once again been tipped to leave the Parc des Princes this summer after failing to hold on to a regular first team place under Laurent Blanc.
Spurs have also been linked but I’m confident we’d be able to lure him to the red half of north London if Wenger makes a formal move for his signature.
There’s no mention of how much we’re prepared to pay but Rabiot would be a decent signing as he’s a versatile central midfielder who can play in the holding role or as an orthodox box-to-box type, so he’d give the boss plenty of options.
We’ll have to wait and see if anything comes of these rumours but I’d personally be surprised if either player was to sign for Arsenal before September 1.
I think we’re going hard for Benzema and if a deal for a holding midfielder comes up, then Arsene will think about it, but I’m not expecting him to be busting a gut – despite what the Telegraph’s report says.