- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Wenger confirms double injury boost ahead of Palace clash
Arsene Wenger has confirmed a double injury boost with Alexis Sanchez and Hector Bellerin both passed fit to face Crystal Palace on Sunday.
Sanchez only started his pre-season training last Wednesday after being given an extended break following his participation in the Copa America.
The Chilean super-star must have returned in tip-top condition as he was surprisingly named on the bench for last weeks clash against West Ham and even played the last 20 minutes as Wenger tried to get us back into the game.
It was a risk as Sanchez could easily have picked up a knock after rushing back so soon, but thankfully the boss has confirmed today that he’s fit and available for selection this weekend.
Bellerin missed the disappointing defeat to West Ham after picking up a minor injury in training last week but Arsene has also revealed that the Spaniard is back in contention to face the Eagles on Sunday.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
Hector Bellerin is back and is available for Sunday. Alexis Sanchez is fit, he’s been working hard and is ready for the weekend.
Hopefully Bellerin comes straight back in at right-back as he deserves to keep his place after his excellent performances during the second half of last season. Debuchy needs to earn the first team shirt.
As for Sanchez, I still think it’s a little early for him to start. He’s only had just over a weeks full training so I’d prefer to see him used as an impact substitute again.