- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Ratings: Cech Has Shocker As Arsenal lose 2-0 To West Ham
I think it’s safe to say this wasn’t in the script as Petr Cech had a shocking debut during Arsenal’s disappointing 2-0 loss to West Ham at the Emirates this afternoon.
Here are my ratings:
Cech - 4/10 – I thought we were supposed to now have a reliable goalkeeper? At fault for both goals. He’ll be back though.
Debuchy - 5/10 – Struggled against Payet at times and offered little going forward.
Mertesacker - 6/10 – Not at fault for either goal but he did have some nervy moments running towards his own goal.
Koscielny - 5/10 – Made no attempt to track Kouyate’s run after he got the wrong side of Monreal. Failed to close down Zarate for his goal too, but also saved us on a few occasions as well.
Monreal - 5/10 – Schoolboy defending for the Kouyate goal. Was the wrong side of him for the free kick.
Coquelin - 5/10 – His passing was surprisingly poor and was hauled off after we went 2-down.
Ramsey - 6/10 – Not at his best but was one of our better performers – which wasn’t hard.
The Ox – 6/10 – Very lively going forward and was probably our biggest threat, but he gifted West Ham possession on the edge of our box which led to the second goal. He seems to have developed a nasty habit this.
Ozil - 6/10 – Created a few openings but he didn’t enjoy having to fill in on the left at times when Cazorla drifted inside.
Cazorla - 6/10 – Failed to have any real influence on the game either out wide or in the middle.
Giroud - 4/10 – Another one of those days for Giroud. Nothing went right for him and he missed a few decent chances to get us back in the game.
Walcott – 5/10 - Offered little after coming on for the last half hour.
Sanchez – 5.5/10 – Rushed back too early. He was a threat when he came on but understandably rusty after snatching at a few shots.
So the season is off to the worst possible start and our big summer signing had a nightmare debut. Oh to be an Arsenal fan…..