- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Offer Injury Update On Olivier Giroud
Arsenal have played down reports Olivier Giroud was knocked unconscious during our 2-0 defeat to West Ham at the Emirates this afternoon.
Giroud took a nasty whack to the back of the head whilst contesting a high ball with James Tomkins midway through the second half and received lengthy treatment from the medical staff.
The Mirror reported earlier this evening that the French international was ‘knocked completely unconscious’ before eventually returning to his feet to complete the full 90 minutes.
New guidelines were introduced which state that a player must be passed fit by a doctor before they can resume play after receiving a head injury.
However, Arsenal have now taken to Twitter this evening to dismiss the idea that Giroud was unconscious at any point and insist he’s gone home tonight as usual.
Giroud didn’t have a great game today and he’s come under fire from some frustrated fans, but it’s good to hear he wasn’t knocked out and he’s doing fine.
Update on Olivier Giroud: contrary to some reports, he was not unconscious at any point after collision today and has returned home as usual
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) August 9, 2015