- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Boss Confirms Attacker Will Miss Opening Two Games
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alexis Sanchez will miss our opening two Premier League games but should return to face Liverpool later this month.
Sanchez has only just returned to start his pre-season training this week after being given an extended break following his excursions at the Copa America.
The Chilean super-star kept himself fit during his holidays by training on the beach but he’s still not going to be ready to play any part in our upcoming games against West Ham or next weeks trip to Crystal Palace.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning, Wenger confirmed that while Sanchez has returned in good shape, he won’t be available for 10 days meaning he should make his return against Liverpool on August 24.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) August 7, 2015
I’m sure Sanchez will be itching to get back out on the field and we know he’s one of the fitness players in the squad, but there is no sense in rushing him back too early.
He needs a couple of weeks full training under his belt before he can return to the first team so it’s good the hear the boss isn’t going to take any risks with him just yet.
We should have enough in attack to cope with West Ham on Sunday and hopefully we can get a result at Selhurst Park the following week before Alexis is back in contention when the Merseysiders come to the Emirates.