- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
Arsenal To Table €21m Bid For Russian Attacker – Reports
According to the Express, Arsenal are set to battle Liverpool for the signature of Russian star Denis Cheryshev and will submit a bid worth €21m for the Real Madrid attacker.
Arsene Wenger has been hotly tipped to bring in another striker this summer but if these reports are to be believed, then he’s also keen on signing another winger.
The Express are citing reports coming out of Spain which claim Arsenal have joined the chase for the signature of Denis Cheryshev and are preparing a €21m offer – which equates to around £14.9m.
The Russian international has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool this summer but it appears we’re now ready to battle it out with the Merseysiders over his signing and we should be favourites duo to our superior financial power and the fact we can offer Champions League football.
Cheryshev has been on Madrid’s books since he was a teenager but has spent the last two season out on loan after struggling to make the breakthrough into the first team and the Express say that Real are ready to cash-in this summer.
The 24-year-old is predominantly a left-winger so could be seen as back-up to Alexis Sanchez by Wenger, but he’s also capable of playing on the right so he’d give us some options in the attacking third if he was to move to the Emirates.
I’d personally be surprised if we did bring in another wide player as I think we have enough options as we are, but I’d welcome the addition of Cheryshev as he looks to be decent talent.
The problem is, even if we are keen, will he get any more regular first team football at Arsenal? He’s got no chance of getting in ahead of Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil or even Oxlade-Chamberlain so he’d be a substitute at best unless we get a spate of injuries.
The Russian would be a solid squad player but I don’t think anything will come of these rumours in the end anyway.