- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Tweet: Benzema Offers Definitive Response To Arsenal Move Rumours
Karim Benzema has shot-down talk he is set for a move to Arsenal after Tweeting a photo to confirm he is in fact with the rest of the Real Madrid squad in Shanghai.
The French international has long been linked with a move to Arsenal and this summer has been no exception with widespread reports suggesting that Arsene Wenger is keen on luring the striker to North London.
The rumour mill went into overdrive yesterday when Benzema uploaded a photo to his Instagram account of him sitting on a private jet with the caption ‘leave the past in the past’ and a hashtag saying ‘towards the future’.
The photo was shared at the same time as the rest of the Madrid squad were flying to Shanghai for the latest leg of their pre-season tour and there was no sign of the striker in any of the photos that were being shared on social media by other Madrid players.
Obviously this led to intense speculation suggesting that Benzema was set for a move and naturally Arsenal were tipped as the club he was heading to.
Fans were already discussing on social media how he might fit in to our team and bookmakers slashed their odds on the 27-year-old moving to the Emirates.
However, Benzema has now responded to the rumours in definitive fashion after Tweeting a photo of him at an Adidas event today in, you guessed it, Shanghai.
It appears the striker was just having a little fun and decided to cause a transfer frenzy by posting an old photo of him on a jet, as he was in fact with the rest of the Madrid squad.
More photos of the striker at the Adidas event have emerged online and you can see them below.
Obviously this doesn’t entirely rule out the chances of Benzema joining Arsenal this summer but he’s a lot further away now than some believed 24 hours ago.
— Karim Benzema (@Benzema) July 29, 2015