- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Ozil, Koscielny & Ramsey Out: Predicted Arsenal XI To Face Lyon
Arsenal take on Lyon in their first game of the Emirates Cup tomorrow afternoon, kicking off at 4.20pm. Here is the side I think we’ll see Arsene Wenger select:
Arsene has said he’ll try and give everyone ninety minutes this weekend but it’s very difficult to predict how he’ll choose to line-up for the games. I personally think we’ll see him select a weaker side against Lyon and play a stronger eleven against Wolfsburg the following day.
That means Cech may have to wait to make his debut at the Emirates and with Szczesny in Rome finalising his move to Roma and Ospina still on his extended break, Martinez could be handed the gloves tomorrow.
Defence: Debuchy, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Monreal
This was the back four Arsene selected against a Singapore XI last week and I think we might see something similar tomorrow with the likes of Bellerin, Koscielny and Gibbs saved for Sunday.
Midfield: Coquelin, Cazorla
Coquelin only played the final 20 minutes against Everton last time out so I think he might start tomorrow alongside the ever-present Cazorla. Arsene has confirmed that Flamini is carrying a knock and is almost certain to miss out, Arteta is unlikely to be fit enough to play from the start just yet and I think Ramsey will be saved for Wolfsburg.
Attack: Walcott, Wilshere, The Ox, Akpom
With Sanchez and Welbeck unavailable, it’s a great opportunity for some of the lads this weekend. I think we’ll see the likes of Ozil and Giroud rested which could see Akpom given a chance to shine up front after impressing against Singapore last week.
Wilshere was taken off at half-time against Everton so I think he might get a start tomorrow alongside Walcott and The Ox in attack.
So this is my best guess on how we’ll line-up tomorrow:
Who knows how Wenger will decide to play it this weekend but all I hope is the boys get a good run out and don’t pick up any injuries!