- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal In Talks Over Deal For 26-Goal Forward, Player Keen On Move
According to France Football, Arsenal have opened formal talks with Borussia Dortmund over a potential deal for forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and the player is believed to be keen on the move.
The Gabon international has emerged as a key target for Arsene Wenger in recent weeks with various reports suggesting the boss is keen on luring the versatile attacker to North London.
Sky Sports News claimed last week that we were lining-up an improved £30m bid after seeing an opening £28.7m offer rejected by Dortmund – who continue to insist that Aubameyang is not for sale.
However, France Football are reporting today that we are back in talks with the German giants trying to thrash out a deal and although Dortmund are ready to offer the 26-year-old a new contract, the French outlet claim that Aubameyang is keen on making the move to London.
It’s understood that Tottenham are also showing an interest in the forward, but let’s be honest, they have no chance of signing him ahead of us.
We’re going to have to just wait and see whether we’ll be able to persuade Dortmund to sell but Aubameyang would be an excellent signing if we could pull it off.
He’s known for his blistering pace and can play anywhere across the front three positions, so he’d give Arsene plenty of options in the final third if he was to join.
Aubameyang managed to score 26 goals last season despite not always being played as a centre-forward, so he’d also bring a real goal threat to the side.
I’d still prefer it if we could land Karim Benzema but Aubameyang would be a decent alternative if we can’t sign the Frenchman from Real Madrid.