- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Forward Lined-Up For Surprise Move – Reports
A strange report has emerged from Turkey claiming that Besiktas are looking to try and lure Danny Welbeck away from Arsenal this summer.
According to Turkish outlet Aksam, Besiktas are on the look-out for a new striker and after struggling with their attempts to sign Mario Gomez and Edin Dzeko, the Turks are now eyeing our Danny.
The report appears to suggest that Arsenal are willing to sell Welbeck and apparently value him at around €15m (£10.5m) but Besiktas have so far only offered €10m (£7m).
Even if they met our supposed ‘valuation’, we’d be making around a £5.5m loss on the £16m we paid Manchester United last summer, which seems highly unlikely.
Welbeck hardly light up the Emirates last season but he struggled with injury for much of the campaign and I very-much doubt we’ll be ready to cut our losses and cash-in after just one season, so I personally wouldn’t pay too much attention to the Aksam report.
If Arsene does bring in another striker this summer it will push Welbeck further down the pecking order in his preferred central role. Let’s not forget he left United cos he wanted to play more regularly through the middle, so I wonder how he’d be feeling if the likes of Benzema arrive this summer.
However, even if Danny is put on the market, there’s no chance we’d sell at a loss and he’d certainly have more appealing offers than to head off to Turkey, so I don’t think there’s any chance he’ll sign for Besiktas.