- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Agent Confirms Arsenal Could Buy Long-Term Target For Just €25m
The agent of long-term Arsenal target Julian Draxler claims the attacker can leave Schalke for just €25m [£17.5m] this summer.
I’m sure many of you will remember the name Draxler well as he’s been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates over the past couple of years.
We were reportedly close to signing him in 2013 but Arsene Wenger rightly refused to meet his huge buy-out clause so we backed out of the proposed deal.
The German international has once again been tipped to leave Schalke this summer and while some papers believe we’re still keen, Juventus appear to be in pole position for his signature.
Draxler’s agent has now confirmed they are speaking to the Old Lady about a move to Serie A and suggests that the 21-year-old is on the market for just €25m [£17.5m] after his €45m buy-out clause expired at the end of last month.
“It’s true, we’re talking with Juventus,” Roger Wittmann is quoted as saying by the Express
“I think a deal could be concluded for €25m (£17.5m). His release clause (£31.5m) is no longer applicable after June 30, and that will also apply for the next two seasons.”
Will Arsene be tempted to renew his interest? £17.5m is a lot less than the £30m+ we were being quoted around 18 months ago and although Draxler has struggled with injury recently, he’s still a huge talent.
The question is; do we need him? He’s predominantly played as a left-sided attacker but can play anywhere across the front three positions behind the striker so he would give us options, but I’m not sure he’s ready for a starting spot just yet.
I’d like to see Draxler sign for Arsenal as I do think he’ll go on to become a top player and I’m sure the boss might be tempted now that his price-tag has dropped, but I suspect we have other priorities to worry about this summer.