- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Transfer News: Midfielder Set For Medical – Striker Linked
There’s plenty of transfer gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers today so here are a couple of stories concerning Arsenal….
Flamini set for medical
It looks like Mathieu Flamini is set to leave the club with Turkish outlet Medya Haber claiming that the Frenchman is set to undergo a medical with Galatasaray.
The newspaper says that we’ve agreed a deal with the Turkish giants and Flamini is set to fly-in to undergo his medical on either Monday or Tuesday after accepting the transfer.
We’ll have to wait and see whether this information turns out to have any foundation but I’m probably not the only Arsenal fan who hopes it’s true as I think Flamini’s time at the club is up.
He did a decent job when required but we’ve moved up a level now and sadly he’s no longer up to the job, so a move to Galatasaray should suit all parties as the 31-year-old’s departure would open up a space in the squad for a new defensive midfielder to be signed.
A new striker is understood to be a priority for Arsene this summer and the Daily Star are linking us with a surprise swoop for Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko.
The Bosnian has been linked with a move to Arsenal in the past and the newspaper claims that the boss has once again identified him as a potential target this summer.
The Daily Star suggest that Wenger has discussed making a move for the 29-year-old with club officials but it remains to be seen whether we’ll now turn that initial interest into a formal offer.
I’m a fan of Dzeko’s and think he’d be decent competition for Olivier Giroud but I’m not convinced he’s the big upgrade we need. We need a star striker. A Benzema. Not another player on a similar level to what we have already.
So for that reason, I hope we pass on Dzeko and show a bit more ambition to sign a truly world class striker this summer.