- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal To Make Late £28m Bid To Hijack Bayern’s Vidal Deal – Report
The Arturo Vidal-to-Arsenal rumours just refuse to go away with the Express claiming today that Arsene Wenger is set to launch a late bid to hijack Bayern Munich’s proposed £28m deal for the midfielder.
Vidal was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates earlier in the summer with some reports from South America claiming it was all but a ‘done deal’.
We then apparently cooled our interest after the 28-year-old was arrested for drink driving during the Copa America and reports just last week suggested he was set to join Real Madrid.
It appears those rumours were wide of the mark as the Guardian reported earlier this week that Vidal was set to join Bayern after the German giants agreed a £28m deal with Juventus.
It looked like we could finally put the Vidal-to-Arsenal rumours to bed. However, the Express claim that we’ve still not given up and are set to renew our interest in the Chilean international.
The newspaper says that Arsene is ready to match Bayern’s £28m offer and remain hopeful of being able to lure the midfielder to the Emirates this summer.
Who knows how much truth there is behind this latest report but I have a feeling it’s nothing more than idle speculation on a slow news day.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Vidal join Arsenal and we certainly need another body in the middle of the park with Mikel Arteta showing he can’t be relied upon this season after picking up another calf injury, but I just don’t see Vidal being the man Wenger goes for.
Let’s see how things develop over the next couple of days but I think Vidal will end up joining Bayern Munich, leaving us still searching for a central midfielder this summer….