- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
[Video] Arsenal Table €22m Defender Bid – Reports
Some interesting reports coming out of Italy today that claim Arsenal have tabled a €22m bid for Juventus defender Daniele Rugani.
Rugani has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months with reports back in April suggesting that Arsene Wenger was keeping an eye on the 20-year-old ahead of a potential summer move.
It appears the boss has now decided to make his interest formal as talkSPORT are citing reports coming from Sky Italia which claim we’ve now tabled a €22m bid – which equates to around £15m.
However, it looks like Juve are keen to hang on to Rugani as the report says the Serie A champions have rejected our offer for the Italian Under-21 international.
It’s not clear whether they are holding our for more money or they simply don’t want to sell, but it certainly appears that Arsene is keen to bring in another centre-back this summer.
These rumours of a bid for Rugani come shortly after reports suggested we’re also eyeing Roma defender Alessio Romagnoli while Kostas Manolas has also been linked in recent weeks.
I never expected the boss to bring in another central defender after signing Gabriel in January but it looks like he wants to sign a youngster who has the potential to be Per Mertesacker’s long-term replacement.
We’ll have to wait and see whether Rugani is the man for the job but it appears we’ll have to bid more than €22m if we want to tempt Juve into a sale.
Here’s a video of some of his best bits: