- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Boss Confirms Arsenal Can Sign 31-Goal Striker For €50m
Lyon manager Hubert Fournier has admitted that the club would be forced to cash-in on star striker and reported Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette if an offer in the region of €50m was put on the table.
Lacazette has become one of the hottest strikers in world football after scoring 31 goals in all competitions for Lyon last season to help them finish second behind PSG in Ligue 1.
Newspaper reports have strongly linked Arsenal with a move for the French international this summer as contract extension talks continue to stall and the striker sent fans into a spin last week after favouriting a tweet on Twitter that suggested Arsene Wenger was ready to make a move for him.
At one point earlier this month, there was even speculation claiming that we were closing in on a £28m deal [via the Metro], but Lyon have always maintained publicly that Lacazette wasn’t for sale.
Manager Hubert Fournier has been quoted in the press today as saying that the club would agree to sell the 24-year-old if an offer of around €50-60m (£35-42m) was put on the table. He said:
“I’m not worried about Alexandre.”
“Of course, if a €50-60m (£35-42m) bid was tabled, I will no doubt have to prepare for his exit and wish him good luck, but I really feel like he wants to stay.” [source: Express]
It’s pointless Fournier saying ‘€60m’. Once he’s said €50m, that becomes the sale price and this is sure to be of interest to several clubs but I really hope Arsene is listening as Lacazette would be a superb signing for Arsenal.
We need another top class striker to really push for the title next year and while Karim Benzema would be my preferred choice, Lacazette wouldn’t be too far behind.
The proposed price of around €50m (£35m) is more than reasonable in today’s over-inflated market. In fact, it’s almost cheap for a player who just bagged 31 goals, so if I was Arsene I’d be straight on the phone.