- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Transfer News: Striker Set For Medical + Vargas Update
With the summer transfer window in full swing [maybe someone should tell Arsene?!], there are plenty of rumours circulating in the newspapers and today is no exception with Yaya Sanogo set for a move while there’s also an update on Eduardo Vargas…..
Sanogo set for medical
According to the Daily Star, Yaya Sanogo is set to undergo his medical tomorrow ahead of a season-long loan to Ajax.
The young striker has struggled to establish himself since moving to the club in 2013 and has managed to score just one goal in 20 appearances.
The 22-year-old spent an unsuccessful spell on loan at Crystal Palace last season but it looks like Arsene Wenger is set to ship him out again, this time to Ajax.
The Daily Star claim Sanogo will undergo his medical on Thursday with the loan deal then due to be confirmed on Friday.
I personally don’t think Yaya has what it takes to ever make it as a first team regular at Arsenal but perhaps this latest loan at Ajax will do him some good.
He’ll certainly be working with some of the best as both Marc Overmars and Dennis Bergkamp work for the Dutch club, so hopefully they can help Sanogo improve his game.
Vargas offers confirmed
Next we have an update on Eduardo Vargas and it doesn’t look like the Napoli forward will be joining Arsenal.
We’ve been strongly linked with the Chilean international this summer and there has been talk that Alexis Sanchez has been trying to persuade the boss to sign his compatriot.
However, the Daily Star have quotes from Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli who has confirmed that the 25-year-old has offers from Spain and the UAE.
“We deal with many offers for Eduardo Vargas,”
“The UAE offer is very good for the club, but we’re also handling an offer from Spain.
“I cannot say the club, but they want to buy the player.”
Vargas is a huge talent but he would have been a risky signing in my opinion. He seems to perform extremely well for his country but has never really produced the goods at club level and was fairly average while on loan at QPR last season.
If we want to win the league next year, I think we need to sign a more established forward so I’m not going to lose any sleep over not signing Vargas this summer.