- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Plot Move For €30m Serie A Star After Talks With Agent
Speculation linking Arsenal with a move for Kostas Manolas is gathering pace with the Independent reporting that Arsene Wenger is plotting a move for the Roma centre-back.
Manolas is a name many Arsenal fans should be a familiar with as he was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates last summer and the Express even reported in August that he had flown in to London to undergo a medical.
The proposed deal collapsed in the end and the Greek international eventually signed for AS Roma where he’s continued to impress after helping them finish second in the table last season.
It looks like Arsene has now renewed his interest in the 24-year-old as talk of a move to Arsenal has resurfaced in recent weeks and this latest report comes after Italian outlet Gazzetta Dello Sport claimed last week that we had opened talks with the players agent.
However, any potential deal is going to be expensive as the Independent suggest that Roma have made it clear they won’t consider selling Manolas for anything less than €30m (£21.5m).
I personally don’t think Arsene will pay that kind of money for a player who may not even be considered a first team regular next season and I’m a little surprised by how many papers seem to think we’re in the market for another centre-back.
We already have Koscielny, Mertesacker and Gabriel as centre-back options, not to mention Chambers, so unless one of those four are leaving this summer, I really don’t see why Arsene would be looking to sign another central defender.
If he is, then Manolas appears to be on his radar but I’s be shocked if any deal was to happen – certainly not at €30m anyway.