- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
Arsenal Close-In On Second Signing After Tabling €10m Bid – Report
According to the Daily Star, Arsenal have stepped up their interest in Faouzi Ghoulam and tabled a formal €10m (£7m) bid to Napoli for the impressive full-back.
Ghoulam has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal in recent weeks with the Metro citing reports coming out of Italy over the weekend which claimed that we had opened talks with the players representatives.
It appears those talks went well as the Daily Star are now quoting Gazzetta dello Sport as saying that Arsene Wenger has stepped up his interest by tabling a formal €10m (£7m) offer for the 24-year-old’s services.
The report claims that Chelsea are also interested but apparently we’ve stolen a march on the Premier League champions and are now pushing ahead with a move for the Algerian international as Arsene tries to secure his second deal of the summer.
It remains to be seen how Napoli will react to our supposed offer but if we manage to do a deal for Ghoulam this summer, it will immediately call into question the future of Nacho Monreal.
The 29-year-old has just one year remaining on his contract and has been linked with a move back to Spain with Athletic Bilbao reportedly interested.
I’ve said many times I’d be surprised if Nacho does leave this summer but unless he signs an extension soon, I suppose we might decide to cash in and it looks as though the boss has identified Ghoulam as a potential replacement.
He only joined Napoli 18 months ago but has impressed during his time in Italy so it would be an interesting battle between him and Kieran Gibbs if he was to make the move to North London.