- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Prolific Striker To Force Move After Arsenal Table Record Bid
According to the Corriere dello Sport, Gonzalo Higuain is ready to force a move to Arsenal after we supposedly tabled a £43m offer for the Argentinean hitman.
Higuain has long been linked with a move to Arsenal and I’m sure you will all remember we came close to signing him back in 2013 before he eventually left Real Madrid for Napoli.
The Argentine has continued to prove himself as one of the finest goal scorers in Europe after netting 53 goals in 102 games during his time in Italy.
However, with Napoli failing to qualify for the Champions League this season, Higuain has been tipped for a move this summer and predictably our name is being strongly linked once again.
Widespread reports earlier this week claimed that Arsene Wenger had tabled a £43m bid for the striker which was swiftly rejected by Napoli with the Serie A club holding out for the full value of his £66m release clause.
However, the Daily Star are citing reports coming from Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport who claim that Higuain wants to join Arsenal and is ready to force his way out of Naples in order to come to North London.
The paper suggests that the 27-year-old has pleaded with Napoli to let him come to the Emirates and has asked his brother – and agent – to help ensure a deal is done.
Who knows how much truth there is behind this latest report but I’d love to see Higuain come to Arsenal. My preferred choice would be Benzema but the South American wouldn’t be too far behind as he’s a proven goal scorer who’s no doubt an upgrade on Giroud.
I do think £43m is a lot of money for him though and it would break the record we set when we signed Ozil, but in today’s crazy market that’s the sort of price we’ll have to pay for a top class striker. If we don’t pay it, the likes of Man Utd will.
If we could sign Higuain and a defensive midfielder over the coming weeks, I think we’ll have a complete squad that’s capable of winning the title next season….