- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
Key Arsenal Target Agrees Move – Set To Sign Five-Year Deal With Madrid
It looks like Arsenal’s hopes of signing Arturo Vidal are over with the Express claiming that the Chilean midfielder has agreed to join Real Madrid.
Arsene Wenger is expected to bring in another central midfielder this summer and Vidal is a name that’s been strongly linked with a move in recent weeks.
A South American journalist named Hernan Feler kicked off the speculation at the end of May when he claimed that Vidal was joining Arsenal and Chilean paper La Stampa followed suit by reporting last month that we’d agreed a €30m deal to sign him after the Copa America.
Both reports proved to be false but that hasn’t stopped the media from linking us with a move for the Juventus midfielder with the Metro suggesting just last week that we were lining-up a bid for the 28-year-old.
However, it appears we’ve now missed out as the Express are quoting Spanish paper El Mercurio as saying that Vidal has now agreed a deal to join Real Madrid this summer.
The Chilean is apparently set to sign a five-year deal with the Spanish giants and will wear the No.23 shirt at the Bernabeu next season.
Who knows how much truth there is behind this latest rumour as the newspapers seem to just make it up as they go along sometimes, but I personally wouldn’t be surprised if Vidal does end up joining Madrid.
It would be a blow as I’d have loved to have seen him join Arsenal but the good news is that if Madrid do sign Vidal, that should end their interest in William Carvalho and clear the way for us to sign him.
The Portuguese midfielder is another player who’s been strongly linked with us recently and with Madrid out of the picture, it should make life a lot easier getting a deal agreed with Sporting Lisbon.