- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Announce Pre-Season Tour Squad: Duo Ruled Out Through Injury
Arsenal have announced a 27-man squad for the up-coming Asia tour and unfortunately two players have been forced to miss the trip due to injury.
We head out to Singapore on Monday to take part in the Asia Trophy but Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky will remain back in London nursing injuries.
Welbeck has suffered a set-back in his recovery from a knee injury that’s kept him out since April and is now facing a race against time to be fit for the start of the new season.
Rosicky is nursing a minor injury that he picked up on international duty and he’s decided to remain in the UK and work on his fitness rather than risk irritating the problem further.
Alexis Sanchez and David Ospina are missing from the squad as they’ve been given time to rest after their participation in the Copa America in Chile, while Serge Gnabry is also resting after taking part in the Under-21 European Championships.
Other notable names not in the 27-man squad include Carl Jenkinson, Yaya Sanogo and Joel Campbell, with all three expected to leave the club either on loan or a permanent basis soon.
However, Calum Chambers is included after deciding to get back to work early after not featuring heavily for England at the Euro’s, while new signing Petr Cech is involved and could make his debut against a local Singapore side next week.
Here is what Arsene Wenger told Arsenal.com after announcing his squad:
“Calum has decided to shorten his holiday and come back on Friday, he didn’t play in the under-21s and needs preparations.
“Welbeck isn’t completely recovered from the problem he had [at the end of last season]. He’s not back in full training so he will stay behind.
“Rosicky will stay back because he got a small injury at his last game against Iceland with Czech Republic.
“Ospina is on holiday until July 27 and Alexis is on holiday until August 3. Serge Gnabry is on holiday after playing with the under-21s. He’s back on July 20.”
And here is the 27-man squad in full: