- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
Arsenal Quoted €20m After Making Approach For Ghana Star
According to the Guardian, Arsenal have registered their interest in Augsburg full-back Baba Rahman but were told the player would cost up to €20m (£14m) this summer.
Rahman has emerged as one of the most highly-rated left-back’s in European football after enjoying an excellent campaign in Germany where his superb displays helped Augsburg secure a record high fifth placed finish in the Bundesliga table.
His impressive form has attracted interest from several top clubs and the Guardian claim that Arsenal have joined the likes of Chelsea, Juventus, Altetico Madrid and Manchester City in contacting Augsburg to register their interest in the player.
However, the German outfit aren’t going to be pushed around by the big boys as the newspaper states they’ve made it clear Rahman won’t be sold for anything less than €20m (£14m) this summer.
So it looks like we’re going to have to be prepared to dig deep if we want to sign the Ghana international while we’ll also face stiff competition for his signature – although the Guardian do suggest that Rahman favours a move to England so that will give us a decent chance of winning the race.
The 21-year-old is the latest left-back to be linked with a move to Arsenal in recent weeks, and I must admit I’m a little surprised Arsene Wenger is on the market for another left-sided defender this summer.
We already have Gibbs and Monreal to fill that role so if we do bring in another left-back, it must surely suggest that one of the current pair are leaving?
I don’t think there’s any chance Gibbsy will go so my bet would be Monreal. There have been rumours linking him with a move back to Spain but I’d be surprised if we let him go after his excellent form during the closing stages of last season.
I suppose we’ll have to wait and see how it all develops but I’d personally be shocked if Gibbs and Monreal weren’t our two main left-backs come the start of the new campaign.