- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over Serbian Midfielder – Report
According to the Metro, Arsenal have opened formal talks with Genk over young midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic but will face competition from Manchester United and Lazio.
Arsene Wenger has been hotly tipped to bring in another central midfielder this summer and we’ve been linked with the likes of Morgan Schneiderlin and William Carvalho in recent weeks.
But it appears a new name has emerged as a potential target as the Metro are citing reports coming from Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb who claim that Arsenal are among the club who’ve made a formal enquiry over Genk ace Milinkovic-Savic.
The 20-year-old has earned a reputation as one of the rising stars of Serbian football following his move to Genk last summer and scored 5 goals in his 24 appearances for the Belgian side.
However, we’re not the only ones showing a keen interest as the report claims that Manchester United have also opened talks while Lazio have already had a €6m offer rejected.
The Serie A club appear to be favourites at this stage but even if we do win the race, I’m not sure how much Milinkovic-Savic will feature for the first team next season.
He has very little experience at the top level so if Wenger does end up signing him, I think he’ll be one for the future and we’ll probably still sign a more established central midfielder this summer.