- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal In Talks Over €16m Deal, Player Wants Move – Reports
Some interesting reports coming out of Italy claiming that Arsenal are in talks with Napoli over a €16m deal for Eduardo Vargas.
The 25-year-old is currently the leading goal-scorer at the Copa America with four goals and his double against Peru in the last four sent Chile through to Saturday’s final where they’ll meet Argentina.
It’s been a rare highlight in what’s been a disappointing few years for the attacker, but his form over in Chile appears to have caught the eye of a certain Frenchman in North London.
Football Italia are citing a report from Sport Mediaset who claim that Arsenal are in negotiations with Napoli over a €16m deal to sign Vargas this summer.
The report has been picked up by several outlets throughout Europe, and the Metro suggest that Vargas has made it clear to the boss he wants to link-up with Alexis Sanchez at Arsenal.
It’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind all this but it would certainly be a surprise move from Arsene Wenger as Vargas has really struggled at club level in recent seasons.
Having failed to establish himself at Napoli following his move in January 2012, he endured a disappointing spell with Valencia before heading to QPR on loan last season where he managed just 4 goals in 22 games.
He certainly has the potential, as he’s showing at the Copa America and he seems to have a good understanding with Alexis, but failed to deliver on a consistent basis and I’d be hugely surprised if anything came of this.
If we’re to bring in another forward this summer, I think Arsene will go big and sign an established name, not take a risk on a player who can’t get a game for Napoli.