- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Tweets: Ozil, Ramsey & More: Arsenal Players #WelcomeCech On Twitter
We completed the stunning signing of Petr Cech from Chelsea earlier today and it’s safe to say the Arsenal players seem just as excited as us fans judging by their response on social media.
After weeks of speculation Cech sealed a £10m move from Chelsea on Monday afternoon and with the Czech international expected to become our new No.1 next season, it was nice to see Wojciech Szczesny give the keeper a warm welcome.
Szczesny took to his Facebook page to post a message saying:
Petr Cech, welcome to Arsenal FC!
Delighted to have a chance to learn from one of the best GK’s in the world!
A great touch, especially when you consider Cech’s arrival is going to push Szczesny even further down the pecking order.
Several other players have taken to Twitter to welcome Cech to the Emirates with Mesut Ozil, Aaron Ramsey, Hector Bellerin, Kieran Gibbs, Calum Chambers and Emi Martinez all expressing their delights at his arrival.
Theo Walcott also had a bit of bants with our latest signing after Tweeting to remind Cech that he was the keeper he scored his first Arsenal goal against, only for Cech to replay saying it won’t be happening again.
It’s great to see the lads so excited by Cech’s signing. That’s the effect signing world class players can have I suppose.
Check out what the players have been saying on Twitter below:
— Aaron Ramsey (@aaronramsey) June 29, 2015
— Damian Emi Martinez (@emimartinezz1) June 29, 2015
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) June 29, 2015
— Kieran Gibbs (@KieranGibbs) June 29, 2015
— Héctor Bellerín (@HectorBellerin) June 29, 2015
— Calum Chambers (@CalumChambers95) June 29, 2015
— Petr Cech (@PetrCech) June 29, 2015