- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Told They Can Sign 31-Goal Striker For Just €30m
According to reports in the Express today, Arsenal have been told by Lyon they can buy striker Alexandre Lacazette for just €30m (£21m) this summer.
Lacazette announced himself as one of the best strikers in European football after scoring 31 goals in 40 appearances for Lyon last season.
Understandably, it’s led to speculation of a move this summer and Arsenal are among the clubs who’ve been credited with an interest in recent weeks with reports earlier this month suggesting we’re lining-up a bid for the striker.
It had been thought that Lyon would slap a huge price-tag on the 24-year-old’s head in order to deter potential suitors. However, the Express claim today that the French club have made it clear they are willing to do business at just €30m (£21m).
If true, we should be all over this deal as Lacazette would be a fantastic signing and £21m for a player of his quality and potential would be a bargain in today’s market.
When you see the likes of Benteke being valued at over £30m, Sterling at £50m and Higuain at over £60m, then to sign a player who scored 31 goals last season for just £21m would be a steel.
With Petr Cech set to sign and a central midfielder likely to follow, I think the last piece in the jigsaw is a top class finisher and Lacazette would be an outstanding addition.
However, I’m going to take these reports with a pinch of salt as Lyon aren’t usually the type of club to sell on the cheap and I personally think they’d want a lot more than €30m to sell the striker this summer.