- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal Table Formal £13m Bid For Argentinean International – Report
An interesting report from the Express to bring you with the newspaper claiming that Arsenal have submitted a £13m bid for defender Ezequiel Garay.
The Argentinean international has long been linked with a move to the Premier League with the likes of Manchester United believed to have shown an interest in recent transfer windows.
However, it appears Arsenal have now also joined the race for his signature as the Express claim Arsene Wenger has now tabled a surprise £13m bid.
Garay is currently on the books as Zenit St Petersburg after making a £4m move from Benfica last summer but despite playing a key role in helping them win the Russia title last year, it’s understood the centre-back is keen to move on again this summer.
Zenit may decide to turn a quick profit and cash-in on the 28-year-old but I must admit I’m a little shocked to read that we’re in for the player.
Another centre-back wasn’t thought to be high on Arsene’s agenda this summer after we brought in Gabriel Paulista in January and the Brazilian is expected to make a real push for a first team place this season.
The only reason I could see the boss being in the market for another central defender would be if Per Mertesacker was about to leave but there hasn’t been any talk of the BFG departing any time soon, so I just don’t understand why we’d need Garay.
Therefore, I’m putting this one down as idle speculation and, as it stands, I personally don’t think there’s any chance Garay will be arriving at the Emirates this summer.