- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Open Talks With Agent Ahead Of Potential €20m Swoop
German publication Bild claims that Arsenal have opened talks with the agent of Augsburg defender Baba Rahman about a potential €20m move to North London.
Rahman is a name that has popped up on Arsene Wenger’s radar after an excellent campaign in the Bundesliga with his adventurous display’s at left-back helping Augsburg secure a fifth placed finish in the table.
Reports last week claimed that we had registered our interest in the 20-year-old but it appears we’ve now stepped up our pursuit as Bild claim that we’ve now actually held talks with the players agent about a move to the Emirates.
However, we’re going to face a tough battle for his signature as the outlet suggests that Chelsea and Manchester City are also keen on luring the Ghanaian international to the Premier League this summer.
Augsburg are keen to keep hold of the youngster but Bild claim they will be forced to cash-in at around €20m (£14m) – which shouldn’t be a problem for the likes of Arsenal to afford.
With the transfer window about to open, it’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind these reports but I’d personally be surprised if Wenger was in the market for another full-back at this time.
We already have Gibbs and Monreal vying for the left-back spot so unless one of them is set to leave, I don’t see the need to bring in another left-sided defender.
I don’t think there’s any chance Gibbsy will be leaving but there has been speculation suggesting Monreal may head back to Spain, so perhaps the boss is lining-up replacements in-case the 29-year-old does return to his homeland.
However, I personally don’t see that happening and would be shocked if Gibbs and Monreal weren’t our main two left-backs come the start of next season, so don’t see anything coming of these links to Rahman.