- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Photo: Alexis Sanchez Posts Dressing Room Selfie After Chile Victory
Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez was all smiles in the changing room after his Man of the Match display helped Chile reach the semi-finals of the Copa America with a narrow 1-0 win over Uruguay last night.
The hosts eased through the group stages to set-up the mouth-watering quarter-final clash against the reigning champions and a late goal from Mauricio Isla sent Chile into the last four.
It was a feisty game that saw Edinson Cavani and Jorge Fucile both sent off for Uruguay while Sanchez was on the end of some rough treatment from the opposition throughout the match.
Thankfully he came through the 90 minutes unscathed and was later awarded with the Man of the Match award, and Sanchez was clearly pleased with the result as he uploaded a ‘selfie’ from the changing room after the game.
Obviously it’s nice to see Alexis and his country doing well but I wouldn’t have been devastated to see Chile crash out last night. The further they go in the tournament, the more chance there is he’ll miss the start of the Premier League season as Arsene Wenger has confirmed he’ll give Sanchez a full four-week break after his participation in the Copa America is over.
The final will be held on the 4th July, so if Chile get through their semi-final then it will mean Alexis wouldn’t even return to start his pre-season training until after the Community Shield. He’d then have just a week to prepare before the Premier League kicks off against West Ham.
So unfortunately, even if Chile lose in the last four, it looks like Sanchez will miss at least a couple of games at the start of next season.
Yes feliz por el triunfo y por el equipo .. . Happy for our victory and for our team pic.twitter.com/7lxuOUfBcJ
— Alexis Sánchez (@Alexis_Sanchez) June 25, 2015