- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
Arsenal Register Interest In Ghana Defender, But Chelsea Also Keen
According to the Express, Arsenal have registered their interest in Augsburg defender Baba Rahman but face stiff competition from Chelsea and Man City.
Rahman has developed into one of the best full-backs in the Bundesliga after enjoying an excellent campaign with Augsburg last year that saw then finish fifth and qualify for the Europa League.
However, it appears he’s already agitating for a move away and the Express claim he’s keen to play in the Champions League club with several Premier League clubs ready to offer him that opportunity.
The paper says that Arsenal have registered their interest in signing the 20-year-old but Arsene Wenger may have to move quickly if he wants to stand a chance of signing him as Chelsea are understood to have tabled a £10.9m offer while City are also lurking.
The Express suggest that Augsburg want closer to £15m for Rahman’s signature but it remains to be seen whether any club will be willing to match that figure.
I must admit, I wasn’t expecting Arsene to bring in another left-back this summer as we already have Nacho Monreal and Kieran Gibbs on the books.
I don’t think we’ll see Gibbsy leave anytime soon but there has been speculation linking Monreal with a move back to Spain this summer.
The 29-year-old has shown no sign of discontent in North London so I’d personally be surprised if he was to go, but if this reported interest in Rahman is true then it does question whether Nacho might be on the way out of the club.
Rahman would be an exciting addition if we do end up signing him. Despite being just 20, he’s already earned 11 caps for the Ghanaian international team and is tipped for a bright future.
However, Chelsea appear to be favourites right now and £11m+ would be a big fee for a player who’s likely to be nothing more than a sub for the foreseeable future.
For those reasons, I personally don’t think anything will come of these reports and I hope Arsenal head into next season with Gibbs and Monreal as our left-back options.