- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal Lead Barcelona In Chase For Danish Winger – Reports
According to the Express, Arsenal are leading Barcelona and Juventus in the race to sign highly-rated Danish winger Pione Sisto.
The 20-year-old is highly-regarded in Denmark and was voted as the ‘Player of the Year’ in 2014 by the Danish Footballers’ Association after a hugely impressive campaign in the Superliga with Midtjylland.
His progress was hampered by injury last season but despite missing almost three months with a serious groin strain, Sisto still managed to score 8 goals and provide 4 assists in just 16 league starts.
The pacey winger has attracted interest from big clubs in Europe with reports suggesting the likes of Ajax, Barcelona, Juventus and Borussia Dortmund are all keen on acquiring his services.
However, the Express claim that Arsenal are not only also in the running, but are believed to be in pole position to secure a deal for the youngster this summer.
Who knows how much truth there is behind this report and I must admit I’d never heard of Sisto before today, but if our interest is real then it looks like Arsene Wenger is continuing to strengthen our reserve and youth teams.
As I reported earlier, we’ve just wrapped-up a deal for Vlad Dragomir with the Romanian starlet becoming our fourth new addition to the youth set-up. If Sisto also makes the move to North London, I think we’ll see him play for the under-21 side before he pushed for a place in the main squad.