- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal To Table €40m Bid For 25-Goal Striker – Reports
According to reports in Germany today, Arsenal are ready to table a €40m bid for Borussia Dortmund attacker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
German publication Bild claims that Arsene Wenger has made the Gabon international one of his key transfer targets this summer and is ready to test Dortmund’s resolve with an offer that equates to £28.6m.
Aubameyang finished last season as Dortmund’s leading scorer with 25 goals so they are reluctant to see him leave but the report suggests that the German giants are already holding high-level talks about whether to cash-in when Arsenal table their bid.
We aren’t the only ones interested though as Bild also claim that Chelsea and Manchester City are keeping tabs on the striker, so we could face some serious competition.
I personally think we need to bring in another forward this summer to be considered genuine challengers for the league and Champions League and Aubameyang would be an exciting addition.
He’s tall, powerful and knows where the goal is, plus he’s an absolute flying machine. Ozil supplying a front three of Sanchez, Walcott and Aubameyang would cause plenty of problems next season, that’s for sure.
However, I have a feeling Arsenal’s name is being used to get a better deal. The 26-year-old is still on the same contract he agreed when he joined from Saint-Etienne in 2013 and as it has two years left to run, he’s looking for an extension.
Arsene may have genuine interest in signing the player, but I think his agent is ‘leaking’ these stories to the media to prompt Dortmund into upping their contract offer.
Hopefully I’m wrong on this one as Aubameyang would be a great signing, but I think we’ll see him pen a new deal at Dortmund over the coming weeks meaning we’ll have to look elsewhere for a new striker.