- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Set To Announce First Signing – Fee & Personal Terms Agreed
Petr Cech’s move to Arsenal appears to have taken a huge step closer to completion with the Daily Mail claiming that we’ve agreed an £11m fee with Chelsea today.
Speculation has been intensifying in recent days that we’re closing in on the 33-year-old’s signing with Sky Sports News reporting over the weekend that we had agreed personal terms with the keeper.
Agreeing a fee was the last significant stumbling block but the Mail suggest that an £11m deal was struck following negotiations this afternoon. The paper boldly goes with the headline ‘Cech signs for Arsenal’.
Obviously we need to take anything the Daily Mail says with a pinch of salt for now and wait for official confirmation before we get too excited, but it does seem likely that Cech will now be heading to Arsenal this summer.
I’ve said for weeks that Cech would be a sensational signing and I actually think he could be a game-changer for us and have a similar impact to Ozil and Sanchez.
We haven’t had a world class keeper since Jens Lehmann and the confidence Cech will bring to the defence will be significant next season.
Cech would be a superb first piece of business and if we can add a midfielder like Schneiderlin and a top class striker such as Higuain, we’d finally have a squad capable of challenging for the big honours again.
One step at a time though and we should wait until Cech is officially a Gooner before we get ahead of ourselves. There has been no talk of a medical yet and my gut feeling is the club will wait until Chelsea have a replacement lined-up before announcing Cech’s signing.
Hopefully that will happen by the end of the week because I’m not sure Arsenal fans have the patience to wait any longer!