- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
£25m Arsenal Target Set For Medical After Agreeing 5-Year Deal With Inter Milan
Arsenal have missed out on one of our key transfer targets with Geoffrey Kondogbia over in Italy wrapping-up a move to Inter Milan today.
The French international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks with reports suggesting Arsene Wenger had made him one of his top midfield targets this summer.
Italian journalist Gianluco Di Marzio - who works for Sky Italia – claimed last week that the boss had already held talks with Kondogbia over a potential move to North London.
However, it looks like we’ve missed out as Inter Milan announced on Sunday night that they’ve agreed terms to sign the player from AS Monaco.
Inter tweeted last night:
— F.C. Internazionale (@Inter) June 21, 2015
The BBC claim that Inter will pay around £25m and Kondogbia is now set to undergo his medical in Milan today after penning a five-year deal with the Italian giants.
I must admit I’m hugely disappointed that we’ve failed to land Kondogbia as he’s a great talent who would have improved our squad.
Who knows why a deal didn’t come off. Perhaps Arsene didn’t match Inter’s £25m bid, maybe we couldn’t agree personal terms, or maybe we just decided to pursue other targets, but either way we’ll have to look elsewhere for another holding midfielder.
Many names have been linked with Arsenal in recent months but with Kondogbia out of the equation, my clear choice would be Morgan Schneiderlin.
He’s be the perfect signing for us and he’d jump at the chance of joining Arsenal if we could agree a fee with Southampton, so let’s hope the boss has more luck with this deal.