- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Petr Cech’s Agent Responds To Arsenal & Inter Milan Move Reports
Petr Cech’s agent has spoken out amid reported interest from the likes of Arsenal and Inter Milan, and it’s safe to say he’s hinted the keeper is set to move to the Emirates.
The 33-year-old has been hotly tipped to join Arsenal this summer after the experienced keeper told Chelsea he wants to leave earlier this month in search of first team football.
Several media outlets claim a deal worth in the region of £10-£11m is now close with reports yesterday even suggesting we’ve offered the Czech international a contract worth over £100,000-a-week.
There has also been talk of a potential move to Inter Milan but Cech’s agent, Viktor Kolar, has categorically dismissed the idea of his client heading to the San Siro.
However, Kolar was less clear-cut when quizzed about links with Arsenal, preferring to simply say he couldn’t divulge too much information on the subject.
“I have heard many rumours in the last few weeks of a possible move to Inter Milan, but that doesn’t correspond with the reality with regards to Petr Cech,”
“There has never been any offers from the Nerazzurri, they were just rumours and we never talked about this.
“Regarding Arsenal, I can’t say too much on that.” Kolar told reporters.
So Cech’s agent can rule out a move to Inter but can’t say too much about Arsenal. Call me an optimist but I’m taking that as another big hint that a deal is close. If it wasn’t, Kolar would play down the prospect while he had the chance.
The agents comments come just hours after Arsenal’s official photographer, Stuart MacFarlane, also dropped a big hint that Cech’s signing is in the pipeline after following the Chelsea stopper and his PR company on Twitter.
As many fans pointed out on Saturday, MacFarlane would need to liaise with Cech’s PR team to arrange photo shoots and other promo stuff surrounding his signing, so I personally think a deal is extremely close to completion.
Let’s watch this space but I wouldn’t be surprised if Cech become our first major signing early next week….