- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Agree Personal Terms With Top Target – Reports
Arsenal’s move for Petr Cech has moved a huge step closer with Sky Sports claiming that we’ve agreed personal terms with the Chelsea goalkeeper.
Cech has been strongly tipped to move to the Emirates by all corners of the media in recent weeks after telling Chelsea he wants to leave in search of first team football.
The Blues have reluctantly agreed to sell the 33-year-old to a rival with owner Roman Abramovich letting the keeper move to another English club as a reward for his loyal service.
Arsenal are the clear favourites with Arsene Wenger making him a top target and it appears our pursuit has moved a huge step closer with Sky Sports sources suggesting that we’ve now agreed personal terms in principal with Cech’s camp.
Sky also claim that we’ve still not agreed a fee with Chelsea but negotiations will continue this coming week and it will be a cash only deal as we’ve ruled out including any players in exchange.
The report comes shortly after ESPN claimed that we’ve offered Cech more than £100,000-a-week, so it appears a deal is now close to completion.
Arsenal photographer Stuart MacFarlane dropped a big hint that Cech is coming after following him and his PR company on Twitter, while the Czech international’s agent also refused to rule out a move yesterday.
All signs are pointing to a deal happening soon, and I’ll be delighted if/when we pull this off as Cech will be a superb signing.