- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Agree Terms Over Double Deal As Duo Head For Exit Door
It seems Lukas Podolski and Carl Jenkinson have edged closer to the exit door as reports claim today that Arsenal have agreed deals for the duo.
Podolski spent an unsuccessful season on loan at Inter Milan last season and he’s already confirmed he’ll only return to Arsenal if he’s going to play regular football.
I think we all know that’s not going to happen so a move away this summer is almost a certainty, and it seems he could be heading to the Turkish Super Lig.
The Daily Star are citing reports coming out of Turkey that claim we’ve agreed a £1.4m deal with Galatasaray that would see him move to Istanbul on a permanent basis.
That seems an extremely low fee for a player who’s been capped over 100 times for the World Champions, but it does mean we’ll get his huge wages off the books.
Podolski has apparently agreed terms with Gala over a three-year deal worth £41,000-a-week – which is a lot less than he’s currently on at Arsenal.
However, it’s not quite a ‘done deal’ yet as there are also reports suggesting the likes of Everton may make a late play for his signature, so we’ll have to keep a close eye on how things develop.
It’s been a sad end to Podolski’s career at Arsenal. He was lethal in front of goal and his goal/assist records were very good, but he just wasn’t quite good enough to make it at the Emirates.
Another player who seems set for a move away from North London is Carl Jenkinson with the Mirror reporting that we’ve agreed terms with Sunderland over a season-long loan.
Jenks was excellent while on loan at West Ham last season and the Hammers are keen to have him back to Upton Park again next year and the Mirror claim that Southampton are also interested as they line-up potential replacements for Clyne,but it seems Dick Advocaat has stolen a march on the duo after agreeing a £1.5m loan deal.
With Bellerin and Debuchy ahead of him in the pecking order, another loan move seems a sensible move for Jenkinson and I’d personally think a move to West Ham or Southampton would suit him more than Sunderland.
However, the Black Cats appear to be in pole position so we’ll have to see if they can wrap-up the deal over the coming days.