- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
£50 Star Wants Arsenal Move, Wenger To Table Bid Soon
The Express are claiming that Raheem Sterling wants to join Arsenal and we are expected to step-up our interest with a formal bid over the coming weeks.
Sterling has plunged his future into doubt after refusing to sign a new deal at Liverpool and despite having two years remaining on his current contract, the youngster is expected to be sold this summer.
Publicly Liverpool insist they won’t sell but after rejecting a £25m + £5m add on offer from Manchester City last week, the newspapers claim the Merseysiders will cash-in if their £50m asking price is met.
While City are expected to make an improved offer, the Express are reporting that Arsenal are set to step-up their interest in the 20-year-old with Arsene Wenger apparently ready to table a formal bid over the coming weeks.
It’s unlikely the boss will be willing to pay the £50m Liverpool are demanding but there has been talk of a possible player-plus-cash swap deal involving Theo Walcott – although I personally don’t see us letting Theo leave.
Real Madrid are also expected to enter the bidding with Rafa Benitez a huge admirer of Sterling’s, but the Express claim that Liverpool are aware that the player wants to move back to London and say Arsenal are the club he wants to join.
Who knows how much truth there is behind that claim, but Sterling did grow up in London and there has always been talk of him agitating for a move back to the capital, so it’s certainly believable.
I’d love to see Sterling come to the club but I just don’t see how it’s going to happen as Arsene is highly unlikely to pay what Liverpool want. Whereas City are stupid enough to pay the £50m they’re demanding.
So, unfortunately I think Sterling will be heading to the Etihad this summer and will probably end up like Shaun-Wright Philips.