- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal Confident Of Agreeing Deal After Positive Talks With Forward Over New Contract
Some excellent news this morning Arsenal fans with reports claiming we are confident of reaching an agreement with Theo Walcott after holding contract extension talks.
Theo is set to enter the final year of his current deal and there have been doubts over whether he’ll commit his future to the club after he struggled to regain his first team place following injury.
However, the 26-year-old finished the season strongly after netting a ht-trick against West Brom on the final day of the Premier League season before opening the scoring in the FA Cup final win over Aston Villa.
The Daily Mail claim that we opened contract extension talks earlier this month and both parties are understood to be pleased with how negotiations are progressing.
Theo’s main concern is about playing time, not money, and the paper says Arsenal and Walcott’s camp are both now confident a deal will be reached soon.
The Mirror run a similar report with journalist John Cross saying Walcott now seems ‘certain’ to sign a new deal and remain at Arsenal beyond this summer.
It will be a MAJOR boost if we can get this extension signed over the coming weeks and put an end to talk of a move. Theo’s was one of our most important players before his untimely injury and he showed what he can do during the closing games of last season.
I still firmly believe he’s got a huge future at the club so hopefully we can tie him up soon and concentrate on strengthening the squad with fresh talent.