- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Agree Terms With Key Target, Deal To Be Concluded Next Week
Arsenal hope to wrap-up the signing of Petr Cech by the end of next week after reportedly agreeing personal terms with the Chelsea goalkeeper.
Cech is set to leave Stamford Bridge after losing his first team place and Arsenal have emerged as the favourites for his signature in recent weeks.
Several newspapers claim that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will agree to sell him to a rival as a reward for his loyal service and Cech’s preferred option is Arsenal because he wants to stay in London.
Both the Mirror and Daily Mail are reporting today that Arsene Wenger is increasingly confident of signing the Czech international before the end of next week after making a formal enquiry to the champions.
Despite Jose Mourinho’s reluctance to sell to us, the papers say we’ve been given encouragement that Chelsea are prepared to do business at around £10-£11m.
Reports in Spain go a step further with El Confidencial claiming that we’ve now agreed personal terms with Cech and all that remains is for a deal to be struck with Chelsea.
So it seems momentum is building and we’re closing in on our first major signing of the summer, and what a signing Cech would be. We’ve been crying out for a world class stopped for years and Cech will finally give us a reliable pair of hands between the sticks.
However, I’m not going to get too carried away until he’s standing next to Arsene holding the Arsenal shirt….