- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Table Formal €18m Bid For Italian Star
According to reports in Italy, Arsenal have tabled a formal bid worth €18m for Juventus defender Daniele Rugani.
The 20-year-old is owned by Juve but has spent the last two years on loan at Empoli where he’s forged a reputation as one of the most promising defenders in Italy.
We were linked with the young centre-back last summer and again during the January transfer window but it seems Arsene Wenger has finally made his move with a formal bid.
Outlet CalcioMercato claims our offer is for €15m (£11m) up front with a further €3m (£2m) in additional add ons but there is no indication whether Juventus will accept or not.
However, Rugani is facing an uncertain future as he’s heading back to Turin knowing he’s unlikely to force his way into Massimiliano Allegri’s starting eleven next season, so the Serie A champions may decide to cash in.
A centre-back wasn’t thought to be a priority for Wenger this summer so if we are in the market for one, it could cast doubt over the future of Per Mertesacker – who’s been linked with a move back to Germany.
Rugani is a tall, strong defender so he should have no problem adjusting to life in the Premier League and he looks to have a bright future ahead of him, so he could be an excellent addition if we manage to lure him to the Emirates this summer.