- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsenal Agree Deal To Sell Striker As Boss Makes Room For New Hitman
Arsenal have reportedly agreed a deal in principal to sell Joel Campbell to Fenerbache as Arsene Wenger clears the way to bring in a new striker this summer.
The boss is keen to sign a new hitman to boost our title chances next season but the papers claim he needs to sell-off some of the ‘deadwood’ first, with Campbell expected to depart along with Lukas Podolski and possibly even Yaya Sanogo.
It seems Campbell will be first out the door with the Express citing reports coming from Turkish newspaper Milliyet who claim that Fenerbache have now got a deal in principle in place to sign the Costa Rican international.
Fener’s sporting director Giuliano Terraneo is believed to be close to Wenger and they want to bring in young talent this summer to freshen up their ageing squad.
Campbell spent last year on loan at Villarreal but it looks likely that this will be a permanent sale of around £6m-£8m, although the likes of Galatasaray and Real Sociedad could yet scupper Fenerbache’s deal for the 23-year-old.
Once we’ve got Campbell and Podolski off the books, Arsene is expected to bring in another forward with Gonzalo Higuain strongly linked in recent weeks. But it looks like we’ve missed out on Jackson Martinez with the Colombian seemingly off to AC Milan.