- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Arsenal Table €25m Bid For Key Midfield Target – Reports
According to reports today, Arsenal have made their move for Geoffrey Kondogbia after tabling a formal €25m bid to Monaco for the midfielder’s services.
Arsene Wenger is likely to sign another central midfielder this summer with the futures of Arteta, Flamini and Diaby all uncertain and speculation has been rife over who’ll be the man the boss brings in.
Morgan Schneiderlin and Arturo Vidal are just two names that have been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates but Geoffrey Kondogbia has now emerged as a key target.
Arsene is supposedly a big fan of the French powerhouse and reports late last week suggested that we were ready to launch a bid for the midfielder – but only if we missed out on Schneiderlin to Man Utd.
However, fresh reports in the Telegraph today claim that Arsenal have now stepped up their interest in Kondogbia and tabled a formal €25m (£18.2m) offer to Monaco.
The Ligue 1 outfit are keen to cash-in on their prize asset as they need to generate funds this summer, but they are still expected to reject our opening bid and hold out for a fee nearer €35m.
As with any transfer story, it’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind it all but the Telegraph cite reports coming out of Spain as the original source. I’m not sure why they’d be too close to a deal involving English and French clubs, so I’d take the reports with a pinch of salt for now.
With that said, I do hope we are in for Kondogbia as he’d be an excellent signing. Schneiderlin is still my preferred target but the 23-year-old would be a superb back-up option if the Saints man heads to Man Utd.