- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal In Striker Talks But Chelsea To Hijack Move With £30m Bid
According to reports, Chelsea look set to try and hijack Arsenal’s move for Gonzalo Higuain by making a £30m bid for the Napoli striker.
Higuain’s future in Italy is in serious doubt after Rafa Benitez’s exit and Napoli’s failure to qualify for the Champions League next season following their fifth placed finish in Serie A.
The Argentine has long been linked with a move to Arsenal and reports earlier this week claimed we have renewed our interest after supposedly making contact with the players camp to discuss a potential move to the Emirates.
However, it seems Chelsea are now ready to try and hijack our attempts with speculation today suggesting that Jose Mourinho is also keen on signing the striker this summer.
The so-called ‘Special One’ worked with Higuain at Real Madrid and the Daily Star claim he’s ready to test Napoli’s resolve with a £30m offer.
Who knows how much truth there is behind any of these reports but I’d LOVE to see Higuain come to Arsenal and would be gutted if we missed out to Chelsea.
We need a world class finisher and there aren’t many better in front of goal than the 27-year-old. He’s scored 53 in 102 games for Napoli and bagged 122 goals in 264 games during his time at Madrid, so he certainly knows where the goal is.
Arsene isn’t usually one to get involved in bidding wars, so if Chelsea’s interest is genuine, I’d be surprised if we went toe-to-toe with the Blues, but let’s hope the boss pulls out all the stops as Higuain could be the difference between champions and also-rans next year.