- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
4 Arsenal Stars Named In Premier League Team of the Season
Sorry if I’m a little late with this but I came across it today and found it interesting…..Arsenal have had 4 players named in the WhoScored Premier League Team of the Season.
WhoScored compile individual player ratings for each game based on a number of statistical factors and over the course of the season, four Arsenal players have scored the highest average rating in their position to make the Team of the Season.
The four lucky players to make the cut are Alexis Sanchez, Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal and Santi Cazorla.
Unsurprisingly, Sanchez was statistically our best player last season with his average rating of 7.81 second only to Chelsea’s Eden Hazard [7.96] in the entire league.
Cazorla was also one of our most consistent performers and he makes it into the midfield thanks to his score of 7.60.
Koscielny has once again been our best defender and I think he was unlucky to be overlooked in the PFA’s Team of the Year, while Monreal is rewarded for his fine form this season with a place at left-back thanks to his score of 7.33.
Mesut Ozil [7.57] just missed out to Cesc Fabregas [7.62], while Mathieu Debuchy [7.25] and Gabriel [7.36] weren’t eligible as they failed to make at least 25 appearances throughout the course of the season.
Obviously this ‘Team of the Season’ has caused a lot of debate among rival fans but to me, the only players who really look out of place are Pantilimon and Smalling. Monreal gets a bit of stick from opposition fans but there haven’t been many more consistent left-backs this season. Perhaps Azpilicueta, but as they say, the stats don’t lie….